The YoHome Diary: Jade Phoenix // @theadventuresofjade
We all have the opportunity to create a life we are proud of. Three years ago, the beautiful Jade behind @theadventuresofjade begun her journey to do just that. We had a chance this week to ask Jade a few questions about her lifestyle & outlook on this beautiful world! We were also lucky enough to score a recipe from Jade's new eBook; The Happy Handbook & attached at the bottom for you all!
YoHome: Thank you for taking the time to answer a few questions for us. To begin, could you tell us a bit about your lovely self?
Jade: My name is Jade, I live in Byron Bay with my husband, Michael. I am a writer, YouTuber and regular person who loves to create delicious meals, watch whales at the beach and eat a lot of avocado.
Jade: Honest, Excitable & Kind.
YoHome: One item you can have for the rest of your life, what is it?
Jade: My doona - It's so snuggly!
YoHome: What makes you smile?
Jade: Golden Retriever puppies
YoHome: Who are you inspired by?
Jade: My parents
Jade: Be authentic with who you are.
YoHome: When did you make the transition to vegan? What influenced your decision?
Jade: My husband and I decided to go vegan just over three years ago. I had been vegetarian for a year prior, but decided that after watching a speech by Gary Yourovsky ("Best Speech Ever" on YouTube, please watch!) that I couldn't eat animal products any longer. Over time I grew closer to the ethical side of things and really dived in deep.
YoHome: 5 things we will always find in your fridge?
Jade: Tofu, cucumber, oat milk, orange juice + curly kale!
YoHome: What is your favourite recipe you have created?
Jade: I really, really love the cheesy pasta bake from my eBook "The Happy Handbook" - it's so tasty!
YoHome: What is your healthy lifestyle philosophy?
Jade: Be kind to yourself, internally and externally.
YoHome: In 5 years time I will be...
Jade: Living on some beautiful land in a gorgeous little home with my husband and hopefully a little baby!
ROAST CHICKPEA SALAD WITH TOFU MAYO
This delicious recipe (jam packed full of fibre & essential vitamins & minerals) is from Jade's newest eBook 'The Happy Handbook' - I 100% recommend checking this bad boy out, not only is it stacked with wholesome vegan recipes but is the go-to guide for happiness. Love, travel, creation, it's all in there & portrayed in such a beautiful way - CLICK HERE to check it out!
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp of salt + pepper combination
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- Olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 block of soft tofu
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp. of nutritional yeast
• Firstly, you must roast your chickpeas! Drain and rinse your chickpeas then transfer to a bowl. Add your spices to the chickpeas and make sure they are completely coated by adding a drizzle of olive oil. Transfer to a tray lined with baking paper.
• Let your chickpeas roast for 15-20 minutes or until you see them getting crispy.
• Wash and cut your lettuce and add it to a bowl with cubed avocado.
• For your tofu mayo; simply add your tofu, garlic and nutritional yeast to a blender with a pinch of salt and pepper + 1/4 cup of water. Blend, then keep adding more water until it’s the perfect consistency. It shouldn’t be too runny, but not too thick either.
• Pop your chickpeas on your salad and then drizzle the mayo!
• Add a shake of paprika and enjoy!
1000000 thank you's to Jade for taking the time to chat to us & sharing The Goodness Guide with us. If you don't follow this ray of sunshine on her socials, I highly recommend you do - Instagram, YouTube, Goodness by Jade! Be sure to keep an eye on our Instagram for more interviews like this in the near future!
Jade's comfy cozy YoHome cloud set up in their van - 100% Bamboo Doona Cover Set - White