Oil-free Baked Potato Fries // Only 10 Mins Prep
Delicious Oil-free Baked Potato Fries – 10mins Prep
But let’s be honest; what’s not to love about Potato Fries? Not only are they oh-so-delicious, potatoes are actually pretty nutrient-dense. However, they are often drowned in tons of oil and even contain preservatives and additives. Our friend Cherie from @thrivingonplants has found the perfect way to make oil free fries using an air-fryer or oven!
SERVES: 1-2 PREP: 10 MINS COOK: 45 MINS
Crispy on the outside & soft on the inside, these oil-free baked potato fries are bound to be one of your weekly staples. Enjoy with salad and a generous spoon of guac for a satisfying meal!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 large Russet potatoes
- 2-3 tsp your favourite herbs & spices (Eg. mixed herbs, smoked paprika, onion powder and garlic powder) *
- Salt & pepper to taste
- To serve: Handful of rocket/arugula, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, cucumber & smashed avo + lime
- To begin with, wash, peel your potatoes (you can leave the skins on if you prefer but I like to peel them, this is just personal preference so I’ll leave this up to you!) then thoroughly dry them using a paper towel or clean tea towel.
- Slice into your desired shape (wedges, shoestring…), I always go for a normal thick cut.
- Sprinkle on your choice of herbs and spices (+ salt and pepper if using) and evenly coat potatoes.
- If using an air fryer, all you have to do is toss the potatoes into the basket, turn on and ‘bake’ at 200°C for 45 minutes or until golden on the outside and soft on the inside. I usually give the basket a bit of a toss at the 20-25 minute mark for even cooking. If using an oven, preheat at 200°C, line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and evenly spread your fries on, ensuring that they don’t overlap or touch. At the 20-25 minute mark, give your fries a flip and cook for an additional 20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with a side salad & guacamole! Enjoy.
* spices do a great job in coating the fries so try experimenting with smoked paprika or even a dash of curry powder! The flavour combinations are endless which makes this recipe an even better staple to make.
It is as simple as that & trust us, they taste delicious!! They are simple & perfect after a long Winter’s day – wrap yourself up in your Bamboo Quilt, pop on a movie & enjoy!
Thanks so much to the beautiful Cherie – Be sure to check our her Inspirational Instagram for more tasty inspiration, you definitely won’t regret it! And don’t forget to keep an eye on our social media feeds for more goodness like this in the near future! xx