Caramelised Banana Porridge
Caramelised Banana Porridge // @patriswholesomelife
The lovely Patri behind @patriswholesomelife has hooked us up with her delicious Caramelised Banana Porridge Recipe to sweeten up your Tuesday! Have a read, try it out & let us know how you go! x
Hi! I’m Patri from @patriswholesomelife on Instagram. There is nothing I love more than a big bowl of porridge for breakfast. I make overnight oats during the summer and warm stove-top cooked porridge during the winter. Porridge is so versatile and you can literally add anything you want to it. This recipe is loaded with good carbs from the oats and the banana, and heart healthy fats from the hazelnut milk and olive oil.
If you don’t know what to make for breakfast on Christmas day, this would be amazing. You can simply multiply the recipe by the amount of people you want to feed. This will fuel you for the rest of the morning and give you long lasting energy – Because no one likes sugar spikes!
For the oats:
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup hazelnut milk
1/2 medium banana mashed
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
The other ½ of the banana sliced into ½ cm thick slices
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tbsp. coconut sugar
1 tbsp. olive oil
Chopped dark chocolate
- Add all of the ingredients of the oats into a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer, stirring every few seconds so that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan, for 10-15 minutes or until the oats have thickened and are all the way cooked.
- For the caramelised banana: to a non-stick pan add the olive oil and coconut sugar and turn the heat to medium-low.
- Once all the sugar has dissolved, add the bananas to the pan and sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook on medium-low heat for a minute on each side or until they are nice and golden.
- Once everything is cooked, add the oats to a bowl, top with the caramelised bananas (I recommend discarding the sugar/olive oil mixture just in case there is any burned sugar) and maple syrup.
Voila! There you have it, a delicious breakfast ready to serve! Tip: Best served in our 100% Bamboo Bedding – Click here to check out our range of colours!
Thanks so much again to the talented Patri, so much skill! – Be sure to check our her Inspirational Instagram – you definitely won’t regret it! Don’t forget to also keep an eye on our social media feeds for more goodness like this! xx